Privacy and confidentiality of your clinical information is important to us and will be fully respected. This fact sheet sets out why we
collect your information and how that information will be used.
HealthOne is a secure electronic health record that stores health information from Primary and Community HealthCare providers.
Authorised Healthcare Providers such as GPs, Community Nurses, Pharmacists and Hospital Doctors and Nurses can access
information stored in HealthOne.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND INFORMATION SHARING
Your privacy and the confidentiality of information is important to us.
- We will record relevant information from your clinical care that allows those directly involved in your care to share and access your healthcare information such as medication, allergies, health warnings, hospital and nursing information such as test results.
- Your clinical health information doesn’t have to be shared, however, withholding it may affect the quality of care you receive.
- You have the right to know where your clinical information is kept, who has access rights, and who has viewed your clinical information.
- Your clinical information will be kept secure to prevent unauthorised accesses and all accesses are proactively audited on a scheduled fortnightly basis.
We’re required to keep your clinical information accurate, up-to-date and relevant for your treatment and care.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT
- You have the right to view and request a copy of your HealthOne Clinical information. You don’t have to explain why you’re requesting that information but may be required to provide proof of your identity.
- You have the right to request a report outlining who has accessed your HealthOne record. As above, you don’t have to explain why you’re requesting that information but may be required to provide proof of your identity.
USE OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
General Practice Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Allied Health Professionals along with Secondary Care clinicians working in hospitals throughout the South Island have the authorisation to access your HealthOne Clinical information when dealing directly in your care.
It’s also your right to opt Off HealthOne or limit what clinicians can see when dealing directly in your health care. If you would like
to opt-off, you can call the HealthOne Privacy Office on free phone 0508 837 872 or email HealthOne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
HealthOne clinical information is not used for health research. Your HealthOne clinical information may be accessed in research only if you have given specific written consent for the researchers to access your clinical information for a specific study and the study has been approved by an ethics committee.
We encourage you to contact us if you’re not happy with the way your health information is collected or used. Talk to your healthcare
provider in the first instance. If you are still unhappy with the response you can call the HealthOne Privacy Office on free phone 0508 837 872 or email HealthOne.email@example.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Visit www.legislation.govt.nz to access the Health Act 1956, Official Information Act 1982 and Privacy Act 2020. The Health Information Privacy Code 1994 is available at www.privacy.org.nz. You can also use the Privacy Commissioner’s Ask Us tool for privacy queries.
HealthOne.Privacy@pegasus.org.nz , Telephone: 0508 837 872