Just as you have a choice in your primary healthcare provider, you can also choose whether your health information is shared. Please see below for how to opt off HealthOne if you do not want any of your information to be shared.
You should be aware that there may be adverse impacts to preventing information sharing such as delays in care while tests are repeated – especially if you often move between GPs and hospitals.
Alternatively, you may wish to retain the option to share your information but mark some items as confidential e.g. for a particular test result or for a medication you are taking. Follow the instructions below to request that specific parts of your information are not shared.
How To Opt Off If You Are a Patient
You can request that specific parts of your information are not shared by
- telling your GP during a visit or consultation (this includes requests to mark specified lab results confidential*)
- telling your pharmacist when having a prescription filled
* Requests to not share lab results can also be made at the point of the test being taken or at a later date by emailing or phoning the Testsafe contact details below. If you wish to opt off historical lab results you will need to provide your NHI , the date the test was taken and the type of result to be marked confidential. If you are unsure of what your NHI is, please ask your GP.
You can opt off HealthOne altogether by:
- calling Freephone 0508 837 872 (0508 TESTSAFE)
- emailing your full name, DoB and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org
If You Choose Not to Share Your Information…
Health professionals caring for you may not immediately have the information they need to provide you with the best and safest care possible. If you are thinking of opting off, please discuss your options with your healthcare provider or contact the Freephone number above.